logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problems with rendering of long riverbank (multipolygons)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu May 19 13:32:23 BST 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 01:57:43PM +0200, Minko wrote:
>I haven't count them ;-) The multipoolygon stretches out on my map
>along three tiles (roughly 100km wide). Since this area is mapped quite
>well, moving the tiles wont help. And I'm talking about different maps
>that shows issues there (with different tiles) so I think it can only
>be solved by improving the splitter?

 From past discussions I have understood that there is a configureable
"split radius" in the splitter.  The splitter would include all nodes
and ways within the tile, and near the tile borders within the split
radius.  Again, as far as I understand, what it really should do is
close closed polygons along the tile borders, by adding imaginary nodes
at the tile border.

	Marko