logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error on MapSource with r1919

From Peter Lerner peter at lerner.de on Thu May 5 23:08:15 BST 2011

> New patch attached.

The whole Europe map still seems to blow some limits.
The osmmap_mdr.img >240 MB seems to be the problem.

"NOT OK"
try 491520, for mb=493761
try 507904, for mb=493761

"OK!!!"
try 491520, for mb=493113
try 507904, for mb=493113
  (= 252.469.248 Bytes file size, approx. 240,8 MB)

Somewhere in between is the size mapsource accepts currently for the
mdr.img.

The good news is, I had only to leave out 3-4 tiles from the Europe map.
I.e. we extended the limit a good step! ;-)

I should also mention that the tiles seem to load faster when mapsource
displays the whole map on startup! I didn't benchmark .. just a feeling.

Peter