logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New locator branch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Mar 17 21:16:11 GMT 2011

> And another requirement is also hard to achieve: performance. The branch
> is not optimized very well yet. But I am sure that such searches for big
> areas from all items of a tile are quite expensive no matter how
> optimized they are.
>
> WanMil

I currently really don't want to use the locator branch, due to it's
speed. I need already about 12 hours to compute all maps for weekly
updates and osm data alone growing is already a concern. Wouldn't it be
enough to use no guessing and just input correct addresses (best with
working housenumber search)? The searching for streets not addresses is
anyhow kinda strange and seems much more like a workaround than a clean
solution.