logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Opening gmapsupp.img with Basecamp?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Mar 17 20:24:08 GMT 2011

On 17.03.2011 20:09, Andy Allan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been experimenting with Garmin BaseCamp opening gmapsupp.img
> files that I create. It works fine for some files (even getting the
> .TYP styling correct) but not for others. After a few hours of testing
> it seems that it'll open gmapsupp.img files created from 1-20 .osm
> files but not 30+ .osm files. I'm not certain yet if it's the exact
> number of files, or the combined size that triggers the failure.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this? or know if there's a
> particular limit? Anyone been able to generate gmapsupp.img covering
> (say) the whole UK and get them to open with BaseCamp?
Have you tried if there is a difference whether the gmapsupp got created
by mkgmap, sendmap or Basecamp/Mapsource??
Maybe mkgmap makes some mistakes when creating the gmapsupp, and on big
files it doesn't work. Note however that in any case a map like whole UK
will take quite some time to import to Basecamp (and lots of RAM).