logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overlays issue

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Tue Mar 8 18:11:17 GMT 2011

Torsten Leistikow (de_muur at gmx.de) wrote:

> Ralf Kleineisel schrieb am 08.03.2011 18:09:
>> Lines file:
>> junction=roundabout & highway=secondary [0x11f02 road_class=2
>> road_speed=3 level 4]
>>
>> Overlays file:
>> 0x11f02: 0x0c, 0x04
>>
>> Then I created a test typ file with a very broad pink 0x0c just to see
>> if the two lines are really there. They are, I can see the 0x04 on top
>> of the 0x0c as expected.
>>
>> BUT:
>> The roundabout is never used for routing now. It is treated as if it was
>> a non-routable line. Do I do something wrong or is the routing info not
>> created properly?
>
> If I remember correctly, the overlay file does not guarantee, which line is
> displayed on top. So if not one of the lines is transparent, the
> display of such
> a structure will vary.
>
> If you are using a transparent code for the roundabout, you could also add a
> second non-routable line for the display, without using the overlays
> file, e.g.:
>
> Lines file:
> junction=roundabout & highway=secondary [0x0c road_class=2
> road_speed=3 level 4
> continue]
> junction=roundabout & highway=secondary [0x04 level 4]
>
> Gruss
> Torsten

This is what I do - I've got rid of the overlays file completely now
that I understand how continue works.  The only thing to bear in mind:
- When my GPS flicks up a navigation prompt (e.g. turn left in 300
metres) it shows the routeable line (0x0c), not the other line (0x04).
  So if 0x0c is invisible, then the navigation prompt doesn't look too
good.  Other GPS may behave differently.