logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Edge 705 finds no streets with r1877, without --index

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Mar 3 13:54:54 GMT 2011

I have always compiled my map without --index. Since the index branch
merge, my Edge 705 does not list any streets.

My scripts are at http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/. I build the map
layer and the --gmapsupp separately. Both runs use --latin1, roughly
like this:

java -jar mkgmap.jar -c mkgmap.args
java -jar mkgmap.jar --gmapsupp --latin1 *.img

mkgmap.args contains this and the map tiles:

charset: latin1
route:
net:
max-jobs:
adjust-turn-headings:
remove-short-arcs:
drive-on-right:
check-roundabouts:
check-roundabout-flares:
report-dead-ends: 2
add-pois-to-areas:
link-pois-to-ways:
country-abbr: FIN
country-name: Finland
generate-sea: multipolygon

Could I have my precious street name index back, please? :-) Or does
this need --index now? I am not planning to add --index to my options
until it can generate the full gmapsupp.img in the device format,
without MapSource conversion.

Best regards,

	Marko