logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] meaning of compile errorrs

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Aug 25 09:30:37 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 04:14:47PM +0800, maning sambale wrote:
>This is interesting because I converted the data from a GDB file (of
>survey points) and then further edited in JOSM.  Node IDs are negative
>because the data didn't come from the main OSM dbase.

I can't remember if mkgmap has trouble with negative IDs. I don't think
it should.

One thing that you could try is to truncate the file, to search for the
trouble. Just cut everything after a </node>, add </osm> and save the
truncated file under a different name.  If that works, go further to the
file (say, if it has 10,000 lines, go to around line 5,000 and truncate
there, then at 2,500 or 7,500, and so on) until you can find the
troublesome spot.

	Marko