logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possibility to split two or more files on the same run

From Chris Miller chris_overseas at hotmail.com on Sat Aug 14 14:28:48 BST 2010

Hello Francois,

You can split mutliple files in the same run no problem (using the same syntax
as in your example), but there's no way to control what map IDs are assigned
to which tiles. In fact it's quite likely that at least one tile (probably
more) will contain nodes from BOTH osm files, so numbering the tiles based
on their source osm file isn't possible. If you really want the tiles to
be specific to a particular osm file and numbered a certain way, then you'll
need to take Johann's advice and run the splitter once for each source file
instead.

Chris