logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Cannot generate map with --index

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Aug 14 07:17:48 BST 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 12:04:08AM +0100, Dermot McNally wrote:
>Maybe it's time to start splitting the file until I find the culprit.
>That's how I found a piece of broken coastline that was causing trouble
>before.

Did you enable logging? My logging.properties
http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/files/logging.properties is based on
something that was mentioned here a long time ago. Get also the
logging.ignore (to get rid of noise) and do

java -Xmx1024m -ea -Dlog.config=logging.properties -jar mkgmap.jar ...
grep -vf logging.ignore mkgmap.log.0

The warnings have always helped me. Sometimes, I have been left slightly
puzzled when someone else has corrected the error after the map extract
was taken.

Best regards,

	Marko