logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question regarding house numbers

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Sat May 29 22:41:27 BST 2010

Hi Clinton!
> If I recall correctly, I changed the name attribute of building=yes
> items in the polygons file, such that the house number was displayed
> as part of the name of the polygon. It is also possible to map the
> polygon to a POI, but this becomes impractical in areas with large
> numbers of houses.

I found your message in the archive but that is not what I want. I want
a generated POI.

I have this in my points file:
addr:housenumber=* {name '${name} (${addr:street} ${addr:housenumber}
${addr:postcode} ${addr:city})' | '${addr:street} ${addr:housenumber}
${addr:postcode} ${addr:city}'} [0x7100 resolution 24]

That generates small squares with the address info when clicked on. But
when a building has an address, just "Punkt" that is the default name is
shown at the generated POI.
Now I found out that the same behaviour occurs when a POI has just a
housenumber but no street, etc.
So either my line above is wrong or I need some additionalinfo in the
points file.

How can my generated POIs (from polygons) get the address info?

TIA,
Dani