logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to change a style file

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Sun Mar 7 10:08:42 GMT 2010

Ralf Kleineisel wrote:
> On 03/07/2010 01:58 AM, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:
>
>> I think perhaps we could ask at osm to get a small area (e.g. in the
>> atlantic or pacific ocean or something like that), that is a
>> "playground" to test tags and icons.
>
> For testing purposes you can use an OSM file which you generate with
> JOSM or any other editor but which you do not upload to OSM. You can
> even merge in some "normal" downloaded OSM data if you wish.

I've written a small app in c that will generate an arbitrarily large
grid of POIs or polygons, each with a unique tag=key combination, and
the associated mkgmap style file to go with it.  This lets you see how
garmin type codes associate to icons and categories on any given GPS unit.

Happy to share this, or the output of it (an IMG file and associated
style file).