logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Recommended version?

From Someoneelse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk on Wed Feb 17 13:25:30 GMT 2010

NopMap wrote:

> ... In your
> experience, is there a more current revision that you have used for major
> amounts of data without problems, so it could be recommended as reasonably
> stable, especially to new users?

I upgraded a month or so ago from mkgmap-r590 to mkgmap-r1441 and
haven't had problems with it.  I'm not doing anything particularly
clever with it (no routing or typ file changes; just style file
customisations) for example - just creating a Garmin map of the UK.  As
far as I'm concerned it "just works".

Just my 2p - I'm sure that there are later versions that work just as well.