logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multipolygon with outer polygon within inner polygons

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Feb 15 13:17:42 GMT 2010

Hi WanMil,

> 2nd: the multipolygon code should not remove the boundary tags from
> the singular ways. Additionally the polygons created by the
> multipolygon code could be tagged with mkgmap:mp_boundary=yes. This
> tag could be evaluated in the style definition so the style could
> differ between the polygons created by the mp code and the lines not
> touched by mp code.

This sounds sensible to me. The style could have an additional rule
that filters out generated lines. I would set the attribute on all
MultiPolygon-generated lines, not just on boundaries. (Someone could
want to draw coastlines as lines on a separate map layer, for example,
and the generated lines would interfere.)

	Marko