logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] naming map layers in a gmapsupp.img

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Tue Dec 22 12:22:58 GMT 2009

On Dec 22, 2009, at 12:41, Charlie Ferrero wrote:

> So I've solved the problem of getting the familysets properly visible in
> the secondary map menu, but now individual tiles all share the same
> family name, no matter which family they were originally in.

I'm pretty sure that to get correct names for the individual tiles, you have to provide names for each of them. You can do this by using the -c option and providing a .args file which lists the names of each tile. (Do this instead of using *.img on the command line.)

I do pretty much the same thing as you do, except I use MapSource or the Map Install on the Mac to do the final combine and transfer. (Which is also needed if the --index option is used.)

Cheers.