logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems loading map to GPSr - MDR_TRIMMER.H

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Thu Nov 12 15:37:52 GMT 2009

Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> On 12/11/09 00:43, Clinton Gladstone wrote:
>
>> With the latest builds, I can no longer transfer my maps of Germany using mapsource to my e-Trex. The maps are build with the --index option, which I suspect may be part of the problem, as the error comes from MDR_TRIMMER.H.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea?
>>

> That is interesting. Do you have a range of versions where the problem
> started?  I have not made a change to MDR for a while.  It would be
> interesting if one of Mark's changes caused it as that would mean that
> you can get MDR errors due to differences in the individual .img files.
>
> I've been wondering if the region problem is caused by something in the
> maps and
> not in the index.
>

>> Below is the error information from mapsource:
>>

> Sorry, I've never been able to make any sense of these messages :(
>
> The SourceFileName is probably the only useful bit as it hints that it
> is and MDR problem.
>

>>          <SourceFileName>MDR_TRIMMER.H</SourceFileName>
>>

> ..Steve

You can download my Germany map where it is failing from here:
http://openmtbmap.x-nation.de/maps/mtbgermany.7z.zip
(350MB)

The big difference is that now every tile even as a single tile will
fail. Before the patch I only had certain tiles failing (more than 16
regions) - now the error seems to be elsewhere.