logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] set display name problem ( Error in style: Error: (lines:14): Unrecognised command 'display_name', Could not open style null )

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Nov 9 23:18:14 GMT 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>

>> could you explain a bit more how they work?
>>

> Simply, the contents of those "ref" like names are all concatenated
> together with ";" between them and then the first 4 names in that list
> are used as the labels for the way. If the way also has a "name" then
> that will be the first label and you will only get 3 labels from the
> "ref" list. Also, if display_name is assigned, that goes in front of
> the refs. For example, if X=Y represents a tag called X having the
> value Y:
>
> name="foo"
> display_name="bah"
> ref="A123"
> int_ref="E99"
>
> would produce these labels:
>
> "foo" "bah" "A123" "E99"
>
> You could also have:
>
> name="foo"
> display_name="bah"
> ref="A123;E99"
>
> and the end result would be the same.

okay, thanks for the clarification. In this case it would be great if
the "|"  could be used for display_name, ref, int_ref, nat_ref too! (or
maybe even better for all add / set actions ) and additionally a command
to append  would be great too.
At least that clarification makes it a lot easier for route names now
for me. Instead of having the line

set route_name='${name}'; set ref='${ref}'

I will now simply use

set int_ref='${name};${ref}|highway-symbol:hbox:6:4}'

And will not be forced to fiddle around with how I append route_name to
name in the general style-file.

As last question - what happens if there are more than 4 labels - are
label 5 and onwards simply dropped?