logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Good news for Nakor!

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Nov 2 12:32:59 GMT 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>

>> Are you sure that 80 is the critical limit?
>>

> Of course not!
>

>> I found somewhere on the net 94-96 as critical limit (and have been
>> using 94 since) - badly I can't find that document anymore. Was on some
>> Russian site about cgpsmapper.
>>
>> Twould be easily testable by just running against a testmap on which one
>> increases the points in a way until it crashes.
>>

> On the map I was testing today, 80 was OK 83 caused errors.

I just tried a way with ~240 nodes (using max 300) and it routed
perfectly fine. I think we can actually safely incease this value....
max 80 did degrade routing over long distances (though I don't think
there are many ways with more than 200 nodes without intersection or
change in attributes (routing works without any probs on this testmap):
find attached map base as osm.