logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access=no on a cycleway doesn't work?

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Fri Oct 30 08:13:24 GMT 2009

> Should we perhaps introduce a mkgmap:access: family of tags and map
> the "native" tags to those?  e.g.,
>
> access=no { add mkgmap:access:foot=no; add mkgmap:access:bicycle=no; ... }
> access=yes { add mkgmap:access:foot=yes; add mkgmap:access:bicycle=yes; ... }
> access=destination { similar... }
> bicycle=no { set mkgmap:access:bicycle=no }
> bicycle=yes { set mkgmap:access:bicycle=yes }
> bicycle=destination { set mkgmap:access:bicycle=yes }

Yes, I like this idea. This would mean that everyone who need it could
define its own mapping of the access tags in the style file. And it
would be IMO a cleanly defined interface without uncertainities in the
meanings of the tags. Furthermore it is extensible, if in future new
tags are introduced in the osm data, e.g access=private or
rollerblades=yes or whatever.

But I would expect some perfomance drop if each tag needs to be
translated into the internal one.

Regards,
Johann