logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Minor issue with road angles

From Paul news at pointdee.co.uk on Sat Oct 17 12:04:30 BST 2009

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.71858&lon=-2.62873&zoom=16&layers=B000FTF

I was recently travelling south down the M61 and turned off this to head
east along the M65. After joining the slip road from the M61 the
directions I were given were to keep right to the roundabout and then
take the 1st exit off the roundabout. As you can see there is a feeder
lane from the M61 slip road onto the M65 slip road so the roundabout is
clearly not the best option.

I don't recall this ever happening before so I can only presume it's
related to the arc tweezing stuff that was committed recently. I used
mkgmap r1280 and the following command line to produce the map

java -Xmx2048M -Dlog.config=$abspath/logging.properties -jar mkgmap.jar
--adjust-turn-headings --remove-short-arcs --drive-on-left
--check-roundabouts --add-pois-to-areas --latin1 --gmapsupp --route
--style-file=$stylefiles --max-jobs --code-page=1252
--country-name="Great Britain" --country-abbr=GB --tdbfile --tdb-v4
--description="Map of GB" --family-name="Great Britain" 700000??.osm
$contourdir/uk/*.osm >> debug.txt 2>&1

Cheers

Paul