logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Poor man's line draw order - mkgmap dropping extended type lines ?

From Ivan Kostoski ivan.kostoski at gmail.com on Thu Oct 15 11:40:34 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Mark Burton <markb at ordern.com> wrote:

> So if I set all three MAX_XT_? levels to 0xff00, that should be OK for
> you?
>
> Also, what did you do your testing with? mapsource or a real GPS?

Hi Mark,

I tested mostly with MapSource but from previous experience, behavior is
consistent (i.e. when things start to disappear)  with at least Garmin
Mobile XT. I tested today my map with Garmin Mobile XT and everything seems
to be in place so MAX_XT_* values of 0xff00 should be safe and not cause too
much unnecessary subdivisions I hope. I know this is rare case (a lot of
extended lines) but simple test is mapping of contour lines to 0x10105
(instead of 0x20-0x22) which is also behaves like contour line. This now
works fine.

I see you already committed the patch, so Thank You again.

Kind regards,
Ivan