logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem routing across tiles again (patch v2)

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Mon Sep 7 11:44:12 BST 2009

Maning,

> wohoo! routing works.  The merging of points is a good solution.  Does
> this affect only the nodes along the clipped line?

It affects all nodes that need merging to avoid a short arc being
created. Any connected nodes whose separation is less than the
specified distance (5m in your case), will be merged. Nodes that lie on
the boundary are considered immovable so that they will match the nodes
in the adjacent tile. This should work for all scenarios except for the
case where both of the end points of a clipped way lie on a boundary and
that way's length is smaller than the critical distance. Not sure if
there's a good solution to that case.

> Thanks! Just in time for this months upcoming philippine map release.

Excellent.

I shall commit this fix and also the subdivision tweaks.

Cheers,

Mark