logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style file not working

From MarkS OSM at redcake.co.uk on Sun Sep 6 17:24:10 BST 2009

Does anybody know why the following lines style file doesn't work for me:

maxspeed > 78 & maxspeed < 82 {set mcssl=50}
highway=* & mcssl=50 [0x03 resolution 22]

This is the whole file and I get the error:

Error in style: Error: (lines:2): Invalid rule file (expr &)
Could not open style null

The problem seems to be the first line and seems to be related to having
maxspeed twice.

I then tried the following in the lines file:

maxspeed > 78 {set over78=true}
over78=true & maxspeed < 82 {set mcssl=50}
highway=* & mcssl=50 [0x03 resolution 22]

which produced the following error:

Error in style: Error: (lines:2): Invalid operation 'g' at top level
Could not open style null

which seems a very odd error as the only place the file contains a 'g'
is in highway.

I've tried to debug this using the source code but got nowhere. So if
anybody can tell me where I'm going wrong or where to start debugging
that would be great.

I'm using mkgmap r1165.