logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Rounding bug in splitter?

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Tue Aug 11 08:15:54 BST 2009

> If that is the case, then it is better to aim for readability and
> maintainability.  The bit-shifting expression should be easier to read
> than the monster bit-masking expression.  And because you are shifting
> the same amount right and left, it won't matter whether you are using
> arithmetic or logical right shift (>>> or >> in Java).

As you point out >>> or >> doesn't matter but thinking about it >>> probably
helps the readability slightly so I'll change it to that.

> Sorry for the noise.

Not at all, I'm grateful for you taking the time to have a look. The more
eyes the better, as I've discovered plenty of times in the past it's all
too easy for a subtle bug to slip through with this sort of thing.

Chris