logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin Nuvi asks province

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Thu Jul 30 17:09:38 BST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Valentijn Sessink<valentyn at blub.net> wrote:

> java -enableassertions -Xmx1800m -jar
> ~/garmintest/mkgmap/dist/mkgmap.jar --country-name="" --country-abbr=""
> --family-name="Openstreetmap Netherlands `date -I`" --latin1
> --remove-short-arcs --lower-case --preserve-element-order
> --location-autofill=1 --gmapsupp --route --net --tdbfile -c template.args
>
> What am I doing wrong? I guess this is just a wrong option somewhere?

If I recall correctly, the "--road-name-pois" option is necessary for
the address search. I do not have a Nüvi, but this works (more or
less) on an eTrex. I believe I must always enter an arbitrary house
number (such as "1") for the search to work properly.

(By the way, I think that the "--net" option is redundant if you use
it with "--route".)

Hope this helps.