logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error - zero length arc

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Mon Jul 27 13:12:39 BST 2009

Hi Marco,

> What are the implications of having short arcs?  Routing unable to
> follow the way across the short arc?  What if there is an improvised
> short wooden bridge on a forest path that crosses a very narrow waterway?

You get a short arc wherever two (directly connected) nodes are so close
together that their coordinates are the same. As you know, the
resolution is just over 2m so any (connected) nodes that are less than
approx 2.5m apart will need to be merged to avoid having short arcs.

The GPS and mapsource don't appear to like short arcs so they have to
be weeded out otherwise the routing gets broken.

> Could you please use . as the decimal separator in the error message?
> I am getting messages that look like this:
>
> SEVERE (RoadNetwork):   http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=65,01078&lon=25,48210&zoom=17
>
> In LANG=fi_FI (and in many other European languages, including German,
> for that matter), the decimal separator is , and the thousands separator
> is . or a space.  JOSM will ignore the URL until I manually replace the
> commas with dots.

That should now be fixed.

Cheers,

Mark