logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style rules and 'generated' tags

From Richard Fairhurst richard at systemeD.net on Thu Jul 2 13:19:58 BST 2009

Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> There is nothing wrong with this and I would like it to work.
>
> However what currently happens is that for each node/way/relation I go
> through the tags exactly once and find the earliest rule that matches.
> Rules with actions have the actions run when seen.  So in this case I
> believe that ncn is already set and has been processed so the change is too
> late.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks very much for the tips - should really
help in finding a way around it.

> A final fix would either be about enforcing and clarifying restriction
> or would probably be slower.  But as long as the normal case is a
> similar speed I don't mind.

I wonder if a "continue" action might be the most efficient way of
doing it - i.e. only have the slow behaviour if explicitly requested?

>> (As you can see I added an echo statement to aid debugging... that’s
>> about the limit of my Java. :) )
>
> Hey, that looks useful, could you send a patch?

EchoAction.java attached (to go in osmstyle/actions, of course). It's
a bit of a worksforme so apologies for any inelegance. The only other
change needed is to add

			} else if ("echo".equals(cmd)) {
				String str = scanner.nextWord();
				actions.add(new EchoAction(str));