logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Program exit codes

From Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net on Wed Jan 21 10:39:22 GMT 2009

0> In article <20090120230606.GA3093 at parabola.demon.co.uk>,
0> Steve Ratcliffe <URL:mailto:steve at parabola.demon.co.uk> ("Steve") wrote:

>> BTW, does mkgmap dislike negative ID values when reading OSM files?
>> gpsbabel writes these when writing, and I was wondering whether that's
>> what was causing empty tiles in my first attempt.

Steve> Negative ID's are fine.  Infact recently even arbitary string
Steve> values are OK (although will slow things down if there are a
Steve> lot of them).

I've undone the processing of these, and it all seems to work okay
again.  It was one avenue of thought until I realised that I had
written "contour_ext"="minor" instead of
"contour_ext"="elevation_minor" (etc.).  Having fixed that, my
pipeline generates nice contours.  (Well, moderately nice -
gdal_contour is still a fairly dumb bilinear-ish interpolator).