logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem Generating gmapsupp.img

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Sun Dec 21 21:28:55 GMT 2008

Andrew Ayre wrote:

> Hi, I have a problem generating gmapsupp.img from two IMG files,
> previously generated by mkgmap. I'm probably doing something wrong, but
> I'm not sure what. Any help is appreciated.
>
> I have two 1 degree square IMG tiles for a location in Austria.
> 63275058.img contains the OSM street map, and 53275058.img contains the
> SRTM contour lines. The tiles cover the same area. You can get them from
> here:
>
> http://files.britishideas.com/index.php?dir=mkgmap/
>
> If I run:
>
> java -Xmx1560M -jar ../scripts/mkgmap.jar --gmapsupp ./63275058.img
>
> then I can view the street map just fine. The file size is around 650kb.
>
> If I run:
>
>  java -Xmx1560M -jar ../scripts/mkgmap.jar --gmapsupp ./53275058.img
> ./63275058.img
>
> then the contour lines show up but not the street map. The file size is
> around 12Mb.

The SRTM Layer has to be transparent and its draw priority has to be
higher than that of the OSM Layer. If you try to display two
non-transparent layers only the one on top will show up.

I use gmaptool to set transparency, AFAIK mkgmap cannot do this. You can
use gmaptool for merging of IMGs, too.

I did the same thing that you want to do for southern Germany:
http://www.kleineisel.de/ralf/gps/garmin/