logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Relations and Multiple Tag Parsing Style Rules

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Dec 15 19:17:46 GMT 2008

Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> Hi Felix
> >    concerning relations I simply wrote this line to relations file
> to line 7:
> >    type=route route=bus { apply { set route=bus; add
> rn='${route_no}' ; }}
>
> You need a '&' between type=route and route=bus, did you have one or is
> just a typo in the example?

O.k. I've added the & and now it parses without complaining, but I think
it does nothing. I tried to highlight the Donauradwanderweg which is
tagged as route=bicycle but it did not work.
The best solution for relations would actually be to do them via an
overlay so one doesn't loose the properties of the underlying way!

> >    with Line 3 being empty, then the following error is produced:
> >    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
> >            at
>
> Yes looks like a bug, should be fixed now.  Thanks
>
> .Steve

Not completely, but it's working under the condition:
Lines 1-4
1: 0x140: 0x11, 0x0e
2: 0x141: 0x2a, 0x0e
3: 0x142: 0x10, 0x0e
4: (empty but existing)

Is working.

1: 0x140: 0x11, 0x0e
2: 0x141: 0x2a, 0x0e
3: 0x142: 0x10, 0x0e

and line 4 not existing brings up the following error:
/Error in style: Error: (overlays:3): List of numbers expected
Could not open style null/

So for the moment one has to create an empty line 4 by exiting line 3
with enter (and thereby creating an empty line 4).

Nevertheless I would prefer to have the overlay function independent of
the underlying way, would this be possible (whereas 0x0e stands for
bicycle=yes)?

*Status Quo:*
<<<Lines>>>
highway=path & bicycle=yes [0x140 resolution 16]
highway=footway & bicycle=yes [0x141 resolution 16]
highway=track & bicycle=yes [0x142 resolution 16]
<<<Overlay>>>
1: 0x140: 0x11, 0x0e
2: 0x141: 0x2a, 0x0e
3: 0x142: 0x10, 0x0e
4: (empty but existing)

*I wish overlays would work as simple as in this example:*
<<<Lines>>>
bicycle=yes [0x140 resolution 16]
<<<Overlay>>>
1: 0x140: 0x0e

The advantage of this scheme is, that one does not need to know what
other tags are applied to the object. This is especially important if
you search for several different tags that all could be used on one way.
i.e. highway=track oneway=yes, bicycle=yes, tracktype=grade2 and one
does not need to specify all possible combinations!