logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 3byte .typ file support

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Nov 3 15:21:28 GMT 2008

Hi,

I don't really understand HOW I'm supposed to experiment?
All rgn2,3,4 types are custom and should only displayed if a .typ is
present. That's at least the way for all maps published by Garmin or
it's partners (except for POI that should show without typ also on
rgn2,3 (unsure about rgn4).  With mkgmap however, if you select for a
polyline say 0x99|0xXXX it will instead use the typ definition for 0x00
if you use 0x10|0xXXX it will display as 0x10 dropping the XXX.

 > 0x1100b should give you a parking
That's how it's used in the Topo Deutschland V2. If I use this with
mkgmap, it will show up in the map as unknown (it should not show at all
however), if I know add a definition for it in the typfile, it will not
change. Same happens with the two city types for me.