logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 3byte .typ file support

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Sun Nov 2 12:56:29 GMT 2008

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 03:32:44AM +0100, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> I found out one missing information about the 3byte .typ files.
> 3 byte typfiles are addes as v2type=XXXXX instead ov type=xx00

> I'll confirm this later, but it looks like that if we use v2type=1160d

The problem is that I do not know how to represent the v2type within
the .img file.  As far as I can tell the MapTk program does not
create such files, although it seems that it can read them.
As there is no source code, that doesn't help much.

I don't think that there is a problem knowing how it is represented in the
.typ file, as the TypDisplay program[1] can correctly display types greater
than 0xff in .typ files created by MapTk.

> http://gpsando.blogspot.com/2008/10/iii-trasteando-de-nuevo-con-el-garmin.html
> http://gpsando.blogspot.com/2008/06/trasteando-con-el-garmin-topo-espaa-v3.html
> http://gpsando.blogspot.com/2008/09/trasteando-de-nuevo-con-el-garmin-topo.html

Thanks, useful articles.