logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question on routing difference

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun May 29 08:16:18 BST 2022

Hi Jan,

might be the oneway:bicycle=no on way 27463238 which can create an additional path in the opposite direction.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von jan meisters <jan_m23 at gmx.net>
Gesendet: Samstag, 28. Mai 2022 20:15
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Question on routing difference

Hi all,

I´m using an altered copy of the OFM style and therefore sometimes compare the results.
One routing difference I found I was able to lead back, but the cause I don´t understand at all.

My test-route should prefer the small residential „Altengabengäßchen“ over the primary „Viktoriastrasse“.
Latest OFM does, my version not since I removed {add bicycle=yes} from this line:
highway=path & surface ~ '(paved|asphalt|sett|concrete|paving_stones|paving_stones:30)' & access!=no & access!=private & vehicle!=no { set highway=pedestrian; add bicycle=yes; add motorcar=yes; }

But unfortunately there is no path or pedestrian in the test-route, nor is it an option to use one.
Anyone has an idea how this path>pedestrian rule could affect routing on residential/primary?
Same happens when I replay the change with the original OFM.

Up-to-date osm.pbf, route from BC and screenshots are here: https://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/556/test_route.zip

Thanks
Jan