logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Errors when using --gmapi-minimal

From dfjkman at gmail.com dfjkman at gmail.com on Thu May 26 11:36:39 BST 2022

Hi Gerd,

I decided to have a go using the --gmapi-minimal option and may have come
across a potential bug.

When using the include-pattern and some .img files are skipped because they
do not match the pattern, but exist in the input folder containing pre
written files, these skipped files are still written to the *.tdb file but
not included in the map.

In other words using the pattern example given
--gmapi-minimal=.*4711[0-9]{4}\.img, matching  files between 47110000.img
and 47119999.img, if there is also a file 47120000.img this will be skipped
but there will still be a reference to the skipped in the *.tdb file the
same with any overview files that may exist in the input folder.

I think having any overview maps in the input folder will generate the
following error messages:

gmapi-minimal: Skipping file
C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Maps\Data\DemImg\Zambia_Dem.img
gmapi-minimal: Skipping file
C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Maps\Data\ContImg\Zambia_Contours.img
WARNING (global): Could not copy 63240000.RGN
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.FileExistsException: File 63240000.RGN already exists
WARNING (global): Could not copy 63240000.TRE
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.FileExistsException: File 63240000.TRE already exists
WARNING (global): Could not copy 63240000.LBL
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.FileExistsException: File 63240000.LBL already exists
SEVERE (global): Invalid mapname for
C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Maps\Data\DemImg\Zambia_Dem.img, perhaps it is not a
.img file
SEVERE (global): Invalid mapname for
C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Maps\Data\ContImg\Zambia_Contours.img, perhaps it is
not a .img file
I discovered the errors while using JaVaWa GMTK when checking the maps for
errors.

I am creating a map including pre written DEM and contour information to try
find badly mapped rivers that go uphill and over ridges in BaseCamp.

Kind regards,
Dave