logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option link-pois-to-ways information

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon Feb 21 10:09:53 GMT 2022

Hi Gerd

The new variable will be of use (certainly to me) and I'll document
them in the style guide as clearly as possible.

The problem I'm trying to solve might seem special, but I make heavy
use of routing and, when driving or walking somewhere, the device
instructions call for the impossible or ridiculous, I look at the
reasons why it happened at that location and fix it. I don't want the
same thing to happen in locations I haven't been to yet, so, if the
scenario is plausibly common I might need to look for other hints to
guide the access decisions.

Most problems have been handled by getting the subtleties correct in
access[_country]. Some by fixing the tagging. This leaves, as a
significant problem, clusters of service roads where the mappers don't
know the precise access rights and so don't commit to these in OSM.
They might, however, mark barriers etc that can be seen from the aerial
photography.

Ticker