logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter with --polygon-desc-file crashes

From 7770 7770 at foskan.eu on Wed Feb 16 16:52:39 GMT 2022

Hi.
I have asked long ago about this particular problem i have and it was long
time ago i last tried, but now i did again. It relates to splitter and usage
of --polygon-desc-file=

This is how i have tried:
1.  Download data for Estonia and Latvia.
https://download.geofabrik.de/europe/estonia-latest.osm.pbf
https://download.geofabrik.de/europe/latvia-latest.osm.pbf

2. convert to o5m and combine
osmconvert estonia-latest.osm.pbf -o=estonia-latest.osm.o5m;
osmconvert latvia-latest.osm.pbf -o=latvia-latest.osm.o5m;
osmconvert estonia-latest.osm.o5m latvia-latest.osm.o5m -o=ee_lv.o5m;

3. Prepare an osm-polygon file with one area for Estonia and one for Latvia.
(file attached)

4. Run splitter:
java -Xmx2000m -jar ${SPLITTER} \
--polygon-desc-file=./polygon_ee_lv.osm \
--output-dir=ee_lv/splitted/ \
--max-nodes=750000 \
--no-trim \
ee_lv.o5m

While running this is seems like the Latvia part is fine, but the Estonia
crashes.

The error message doesn't say much (that i understand).
But maybe it makes some sense to you?
I imagine something is wrong with the polygon file, but i dont know what.

The polygon files is partially made in JOSM and partially manaully to re-use
the same segments/edges which belong to both countries. (I could see that Gerd
was using this concept in some example file for Germany and the alps, but i
could not add two ways over one edge in JOSM, so i made manual chanegs in the
file).
I tried also making two separate boxes, one for each country, but that was
just as bad (not reusing edges).

Anything that could be suggested that i change or try?

PS. i am trying this on small scale for two smaller countries, later i will
apply it because i need to split europe in parts of max 4GB.

Regards
Karl