logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] use of --mdr7-del can break address search/street search

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 20 11:40:50 GMT 2022

Hi Ticker,

sorry, it seems I still haven't understood how the index structure works.
With the patch mdr7-del4.patch mkgmap creates an index which makes MdrCheck happy,
but MapSource typically says "no item found"
when I pick one of the entries that start with a word which appears in the mdr7-del list.
So, both mkmap and MdrCheck are probably wrong.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2022 10:24
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] use of --mdr7-del can break   address search/street   search

Hi Ticker,

thought again about the remark reg. MDR7_HAS_STRING.
With the mdr7-del4.patch we can add strings to Mdr15 section which may never used because no index entry will show the corresponding label.
So, mdr7-del4.patch is too simple as it wastes space in the PC index.

Also I have big problems to document what the option --mdr7-del means when this patch is applied :(