logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option --mdr7-del: change or add new option?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 17 16:20:35 GMT 2022

Hi Mike,

I fear it is even worth. The usage of mdr7-del seems to corrupt the address search index.
Maybe only that for the PC.

@Ticker: When mdr7-del is used I see a lot of errors reported by MdrCheck and I can
reproduce wrong search results in MapSource.
I think the problem is that we calculate the flags based on the name which was
processed by mdr7-del, but instead we should use the real name from the label.

I hope I can fix that...

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 17. Januar 2022 16:13
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] option --mdr7-del: change or add new option?

Hi Gerd,

My suggestion was simply that it was more logical to remove them from
anywhere, I don't actually use the option.
I would be in favour of changing the existing option unless anyone states
they specifically need to only remove the words from the end of the label.
I would not be in favour of adding a new option unless there are users that
need both implementations (which I think is unlikely).

The removal of words from anywhere would also give better results in the
case where a number of words are added to the label, but one or more of the
words has inadvertently been missed from the --mdr7-del option.

Cheers,
Mike