logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fix and augment sort definitions

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Jan 11 10:25:22 GMT 2022

Hi Gerd

Yes - gmapsupp builder gives a warning if id1/id2 are not consistent in
all the .img files. It is just a warning and gmapsupp is built anyway
and I think the warning can be ignored. gmapi doesn't notice.

Almost all of the significant sorting where the Garmin device... needs
to know the sort details happens in Mdr, so this isn't a problem.

Other uses are mostly for de-duping/efficient processing, so these
shouldn't matter either.

However the LBL file does hold id1/id2 and many sections (Countries,
Regions, Cities, Zips, POIs) are sorted so the effect here is unknown.

If using --latin2 / 1252, the only change in ordering is around AE/OE
dipthongs.

Within the same commit or build as sortResource_v2, the attached
sortMashExp.patch should be applied, as it effects the binary SRT file
and I don't want to increment all the id2's again. This patch changes
the sort.expand TERTIARY mashing from 2 to 3, which is slightly more
consistent with the Garmin SRT binaries I've seen and allows SrtDisplay
to show expansions with what looks like a meaningful case.

Ticker