logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r4839: surrogatePair.patch by Ticker Berkin (slightly modified)

From svn commit svn at mkgmap.org.uk on Thu Dec 30 15:29:46 GMT 2021

Version mkgmap-r4839 was committed by gerd on Thu, 30 Dec 2021

surrogatePair.patch by Ticker Berkin (slightly modified)
"handles UTF16 surrogate pairs so that mkgmap style
filters substring and highway-shield give correct results, the LBL
trimming leaves the correct amount and neither end up with 1/2 a
character.

I've looked through all the substring operations and I don't think any
others will cause problems. There might just be a few str.length() and
str.charAt() or other indexing that might need attention but this would
require a lot more searching. I've left the handling for
MALFORMED_INPUT so these shouldn't matter."

http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&rev=4839