logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r4836 stops Hungary & Romania

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Dec 28 13:22:33 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

okay, maybe you find time to implement a better solution.
I've committed the patch with r4838.

@Arndt: Please check if this solves the problems with your maps.
Not sure about this because you said mkgmap stops without any reaction
while this problem was a loop.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2021 13:20
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] r4836 stops Hungary & Romania

Hi Gerd

This fix is reasonable in the short term but has some problems:

If the invalid UTF16 string is output by other means (eg diagnostics),
it could cause a (more conventional) crash - but probably not looping.

Anything concatenated onto this string will be lost - this could be
fixed by initialising the encoder with
      onMalformedInput(CodingErrorAction.IGNORE);
instead of catching the error.

The full fix would required looking at all substr and character
indexing operations on string data from OSM tags and using
Character.is[High/Low/]Surrogate() or similar logic and adjusting the
start/end char index or whatever

Ticker