logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] blank zoom levels - how to avoid?

From Carlos BJ carlos2004 at gmail.com on Sat Dec 25 23:52:28 GMT 2021

Bear my slight knowledge of map formats and mkgmap...
Besides, I do not know where other place to write to ask for help...
Tried to find answers in the documentation but could not.

I have an IMG file that wish to "cut" to an specific region. My best
choice is to do it using Basecamp. So, I need to be able to load the
map in Basecamp.

I do it using GMaptool. Select the starting IMG, In Split I select
files for mapsource, compile preview map, create tdb v3 if possible.
GMaptools makes its magic, then calls mkgmap using:
"java -jar "C:\folder\mkgmap.jar" --no-tdbfile --mapname=29067263
--output-dir="G:/Outfolder" "G:/Workfolder/mapset.mp""

Now, I can instal the map and basecamp can show it.... but....
a watermark with "Gmaptool preview" can be seen at the lowest left
corner - not an issue
no contents is shown at 500km zoom, neither 300, 200, 150, 100, nor
70; then, at 50kms, all is shown

So, I am ready to run from CMD the command
"java -jar "C:\folder\mkgmap.jar" --no-tdbfile --mapname=29067263
--output-dir="G:/Outfolder" "G:/Workfolder/mapset.mp"" but ... what
can I change so that all content is shown from the 500kms scale?
50kms is too close to be workable ....

TIA