logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem using profiles with OSM based maps

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Dec 20 09:18:07 GMT 2021

Hi Carlos,

I don't understand all of this but the mentioned change from 17 (0x11) to 23  (0x17)  is
done when the --custom option is given.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Carlos Dávila <carlos at alternativaslibres.org>
Gesendet: Montag, 20. Dezember 2021 09:55
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Problem using profiles with OSM based maps

An user of my maps has reported the following problem when using OSM
based maps. He uses profiles in a GPSMAP 65s mainly to enable/disable
different sets of maps associated to each profile. When he has several
OSM based maps in the SD card (not only mines, also from other sources,
witch I guess are also built with mkgmap), switching between profiles
automatically enables all OSM maps, even if they were previously
disabled in a given profile. It seems to be related to some parameters
in the TRE subfile, as reported in this thread:
https://www.gpsrchive.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?t=1571&sid=6e0edd3239fb36f34c4b5d8df4f9f036