logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What's the maximum size of global index MDR size?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Dec 13 12:33:21 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

I am pretty sure that the original data doesn't contain lower case characters.
The characters B and b in name "Baca Pri Podbrdu" both change when the last byte in MDR16 (0x42)
is changed.

I've looked at several suggestions how the tree could be stored, nothing seems to match the pattern
in MDR 16 so far. Of course we cannot even be sure that huffman encoding is used.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 13. Dezember 2021 13:14
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] What's the maximum size of global index MDR size?

Hi Gerd

I've build and examined this. I assume that the table came from a map
that used most of the available characters, so not seeing these
precludes the theory of it being flattened shape/contents lists in any
simple representation. Can you tell if the original map was mixed case?
If it wasn't then it can't be a simple normalized frequency count as
there would be an area of zeros for the lower case letters.

Ticker