logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] PATCH reduce index size

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Dec 5 10:24:49 GMT 2021

Hi all,

as a result of the discussion with Felix in this thread https://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2021q4/033394.html
I've created a rather small patch to change the meaning of the --mdr7-del option.

With this patch the option has one more effect:
If --split-name-idex is in use, any additional entry produced by that
option which starts with a string that appears in the given list is skipped.

I think this is probably wanted by all users and it should not cause trouble with existing scripts.

For Felix sample with a single tile the PC index size decreases from 449.536 bytes to 409.600,
index in gmapsupp it's about 31kb bytes smaller.

With the default style the change should be much smaller.