logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] one correction of default points style and a suggestion for lines

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Dec 3 13:11:07 GMT 2021

Hi Nick

I'd have thought 0x2e07 is better for clothing (maybe both) and 0x2e08
for gardening & home.

Going beyond the lowest common denominator has problems when a device
defines a group for something you've used differently and has a search
category for it; explicit search by category will throw up obviously
wrong results. I stick to the general 00 subtype unless there seems a
good match to the known/base garmin usage.

I have in my style:
# Uncomment the following lines to enable these extra POI
# that some devices support
shop=convenience [0x2e0e resolution 24]
shop=florist [0x2e0f resolution 24]
shop=gift | shop=art | shop=antiques [0x2e10 resolution 24]
shop=music [0x2e11 resolution 24]
shop=sports [0x2e12 resolution 24]
shop=wine | shop=alcohol [0x2e13 resolution 24]
shop=books [0x2e14 resolution 24]
# to here

Ticker