logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] one correction of default points style and a suggestion for lines

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Dec 3 10:30:44 GMT 2021

Hi

When the emergency phone issue cropped up earlier in the year I removed
amenity=emergency_phone from my style but decided not to add
emergency=phone because there are lots and lots of them with very
specific purposes, totally relevant to the location, probably visible
or signed at the point of need. Hence showing on a map causes clutter
for no good reason. There might be some countries and/or types of
emergency phone where this isn't true.

Regarding roundabouts:

The typ 0x0c invokes special roundabout handling for routing
instructions - eg "take the 3rd exit" rather than (for drive on left),
"turn left" then "turn left".

The default style handles 3 variants of highway=service giving them
different speeds and resolution.

The problem of line thinness and roundabouts is handled for other
highway types by the double entries with continue just above. Equal
resolution is good when down to this level, equal road_class is
necessary, but maybe drop the road_speed down to 0.

Ticker