logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException . on Europe extract

From Randolph J. Herber army.bronze.star at gmail.com on Thu Dec 2 17:17:34 GMT 2021

Please, consider the following:

1) In some languages, adjectives follow the noun, e.g., the Romance
languages; in others, the adjectives precede the noun, e.g., the
Teutonic languages.

2) The writing order varies: left-to-right, right-to-left, top-to
bottom, etc.

3) There are languages with moderately strict adjective order, e.g.,
English, with determiner, quantity, opinion, size, age, shape, color,
and origin/material.

4) There are languages where some of the adjectives are in the verb,
e.g., the Athabaskan languages.

Therefore "one size fits all" trimming is not going to work.