logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] MapSource special behaviour with Chinese characters (unicode)

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Dec 1 15:52:18 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

the interisting thing is that this doesn't happen with POI search. Only names with exact match or names starting with the search value are shown.
BUT road search doesn't offer to search for partly names, you have to pick a name from the list, so maybe the content of Mdr15 is the key.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2021 16:31
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] MapSource special behaviour with Chinese characters (unicode)

Hi Ticker,

yes, something like that might happen. I don't say something is missing, the opposite: I get too many matches.
I used my patch, so maybe the results are a bit different with trunk.

My Oregon seems not even able to display the chinese characters, so I cannot check anything with it.

Anyway, compared to r4808 the search works much better, at least on MapSource.