logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Format6Encoder/Decoder

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Nov 30 13:21:18 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

seems you are partly right. I created a map with cp0 and --lower-case and the search for road names starting with "augs" doesn't return Augsburger Strasse on the device.
Without -lower-case this works as expected. I've reverted r4820 for now, but maybe the combination never works well. Needs more testing.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. November 2021 12:15
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Format6Encoder/Decoder

Hi Gerd

Building a map with --code-page=0 --index --gmapsupp --gmapi
(exactly same behaviour without --code-page=0)

Then, using raw mode editor to look at various components.

The LBL section of tiles, gmapsupp.img and gmapi looks encoded - I
can't find any recognisable strings.

However, the gmapsupp contains the 4-char prefixes (as per Mdr17) with
standard ascii encoding, the gmapi 00OSMMAP.MDR contains full names of
everything, again as ascii (probably Mdr15) and .typ file is also
ascii.

I can't find any ascii in the overview map (except the expected subfile
names and copyright), but my test area might not have anything named at
this level.

It is possible that MDR does this intentionally; avoiding the
"compressed" format that Mdr15.java / MdrDisplay mentions. This
compressed format might simply be Format6

Ticker