logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Format6Encoder/Decoder

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon Nov 29 09:15:47 GMT 2021

Hi Gerd

Yes, my mistake that --lower-case got ignored; I had forgotten that
LBLFile didn't call setUpperCase(false).

After this, I decided that it was better to make the encoder's letter-
case default the same as the other encoders and be explicit in
CodeFunctionsTest as to what was required for the test to work, so this
change is in the patch. I've also put in asserts to check that nothing
has re-represented the test strings with/without the COMBINING
DIAERESIS.

It doesn't make much sense to use --lower-case with this encoder, but
if that's what the user asks for (maybe there are other reasons), I
think it should do it.

FORMAT6 handles all the printable characters in the ASCII / 7-bit
range. From my tests on UK devices/software, where there are spaces is
the SYMBOL and LOWERCASE tables, the encoded value also shows as a
space. It is possible they might be used for country specific chars,
but, even if they do, mkgmap shouldn't use them. So what you see with
accents etc is what I'd expect.

Ticker